- Seki Shuttle bus service ends
- The shuttle bus service between Akakura and Seki Onsen Ski Area has ended, as of February 1. Low snow levels this season have resulted in reduced demand for the service. We regret any inconvenience this might cause.
- 2015/2016 Myoko Area Guide available
- Mt. Myoko Shuttle Bus and other transportation information; ski area rates and other facts. Available here in PDF format.
One note: the Mt. Myoko Shuttle will be paid from the coming season, at ¥500 per person per trip. Tickets will be available at ski areas, tourist offices, and many hotels (just check with your Front Desk).
- Myoko Dining Guide 2015-2016
Get to know Myoko's best places to eat and drink, with our new Myoko Dining Guide 2015-2016. Information on the types of food and restaurant locations, as well as a QR code link for how to get there (just shoot with your mobile device, and let your map app show you the best way to get there).
- Joetsu-Myoko Area Guide 2015-2016
- Get to know the greater area from Myoko to Joetsu, the neighboring city to the north on the Sea of Japan coast, with a new guide released by the Joetsu Tourism organization. The linked file is a pdf version of a slim folder also available locally in print format. More things to do on your trip to Japan!
- ATM hours at Akakura Post Office
- When you need some cash in Akakura....
These are the hours for the Akakura Post Office, and the ATM inside which accepts many (but not all) international credit cards, through to March 31, 2015:
Location: 585-85 Akakura (close to the Akakura Bus Stop)
- Weekdays, Weekends and holidays: 8:30 am to 7 pm
Tel: 0255-87-2400 (Japanese language only)
- Myoko Big-4 One-Day Lift Pass
- The easy way to ski at any of Myoko's biggest resorts
With one coupon in hand, you can ski at any of the four biggest resorts in the Myoko area—Akakura Kanko, Akakura Onsen, Ikenotaira Onsen and Suginohara.
Price: Adults ¥4,600; seniors and children ¥4,100.
To reserve: Please contact email@example.com
Tel: +81 (0)255-86-2186
- Myoko Super Big-4 Lift Pass
- A special price for long-staying guests!
A discount-price lift pass for four of the biggest Myoko-area ski resorts, ideal for persons staying from 8 to 21 days in Myoko. The period of use begins from the first day of your stay in Myoko.
Price: ¥38,000/person (adult, junior or senior, child)
Up to 21 consecutive days
Ski areas where Pass can be used:
Akakura Onsen, Akakura Kanko Resort (Akakan), Ikenotaira Onsen, Suginohara
To complete the application:
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least one month before the period of use:
- Completed application form (available in Excel format here).
- Passport-size color photo data
- Full name of all persons requesting pass
- Period of use
- Hotel in Myoko
Payment must be made prior to your departure by bank transfer. For details, see the application form
The Super Big-4 Pass(es) will be handed over at the Front Desk of the guest’s hotel.
Sales of the Super Big-4 Pass is available only to guests staying at hotels listed in the Accommodations section of the Myoko Tourist Office’s English website. Guests staying at other hotels may not purchase the Pass.
Refunds for the Super Big-4 Pass will only be made up until December 1, 2015; no refunds will be made for any cancellation made after this date.
No refunds will be made for cancellation of Super Big-4 Passes reserved after December 1, 2015.